17 Cambridge Center / Biogen
Elkus Manfredi Architects
- 204,000 SF of new building construction and interior fit out
- Built on grade with vapor mitigation system
- Steel frame with curtainwall and precast façadeShell/ core is lab-ready
- The building is powered by existing Biogen steam plant
- Linked to existing Biogen building via two-level connector
- Navisworks helped the team identify a repeating flaw with the linear diffusers that were conflicting with a piece of support steel for the precast. The team identified this problem early and submitted an RFI to shift the diffusers before it became an issue in the field.
- When running a virtual tour of the floor space, the team also identified a shell & core design issue that had positioned the return ductwork in the RTU shaft below the finished ceiling.
- The field staff has utilized the model to visually see what other trades will be in their paths in a way that 2D coordination drawings do not always make clear.