Singapore University of Technology & Design
Gensler & Associates Architects
- LKCo performed selective demolition and fit out of the third floor of building N52 in a 14-week effort
- The new space includes a lab/research area, workspace, classrooms and offices
- HVAC, electrical, millwork, and lab casework were replaced to fit the new space’s design
- During the preconstruction phase of the project, the client was focused on the importance of open space with the flexibility to move everything. Large overhead doors and electrical cord drops from the ceiling allow them to have multiple uses for these areas.
- Audio/visual display boards are located around the perimeter of the space along with student workstations and offices.
- Visual display surfaces offer space for audio/visual interaction with Singapore University, as well as providing ample space for brainstorming and design planning
- There is a lounge next to the pantry/kitchen; natural light is found in every space throughout the building
- We utilized the existing sliding fire doors from the original building and created an accent wall